Shizuoka University's Diploma Policy
Shizuoka University engages in education and research according to a vision of freedom, enlightenment, and creation for the future, with the aim of contributing to the development of a peaceful and happy future society, respecting the independence of its teaching faculty and students and their mutual inspiration. Based on this vision, the educational objective of our university is to nurture students with an international mindset and a high degree of expertise, full of the spirit of challenge and a sense of humanity. Accordingly, the conditions for receiving a diploma from the university rest upon the acquisition of the qualities and abilities shown below.
- The ability to acquire foundational knowledge in a specialized field and put it to use in a specific context in society.
- The acquisition of key skills such as language ability (including foreign languages), information processing, and career formation.
- An international mindset and a deep level of training that enables action in recognition of diversity and in consideration of circumstances from a wide perspective.
- The ability to independently recognize problems and solve them through leadership and responsibility in cooperation with people of diverse viewpoints.
Diploma Policy by Faculty of Agriculture
The Faculty of Agriculture aims at the fostering of human resources able to carry out education covering a wide scope over both biological sciences and environmental scienceｓ, focusing on biological production with field science directly tied to human society as its base; people who have integrated strengths applicable to global society. Accordingly the faculty has the acquisition of the following qualities and abilities as the conditions for gaining a bachelor's degree in agriculture.
- Having learning and cultural education covering the academic discipline of agriculture.
- Having an understanding of global-level issues in food production, the environment, advanced utilization of biological resources, and being able to generate scientific, comprehensive ideas from specialized viewpoints in each discipline in contribution to the resolution of problems.
- Have a concern for issues in the local society and be able to make progressive work independently towards their resolution.
- Having the presentation skills and communication skills required in society and being able to display leadership.