We are clarifying the physiological function of trace immune components in breast milk in mammals. Additionally, we are advancing applied research related to the effects of food components to various diseases, using several pathological model mice.
The research subjects that we are actively pursuing now are as follows.
1. Research on the physiological function of trace immune components in breast milk to infants
We are researching the physiological function of chemokines in breast milk on the development of mouse infant
(1) Effects of cytokines and chemokines on the development of body and immune organs and the immunological function in mouse infants
(2) Research on the gene expression of chemokine and the protein production in several organs in mouse infants
2. Research to clarify the physiological effects of various food components on living organisms
We are examining the effects of food components on physiological functions and several diseases, including the green tea that is a specialty product of Shizuoka, by feeding experiments using mice.
(1) The effects of several food components on metabolic syndrome (obesity, arteriosclerosis, etc.)
(2) The effects of several food components on the development of several immune diseases such as antoimmune diseases and atpic diseases
We are doing many experiments using large stocks of laboratory animals (primarily mice).